Tuesday

Artist Summit Chicago - My Experience Part I



Over the weekend I attended the Artist Summit in Chicago as a Blogger and not a beauty pro…

In a word… the show was AWESOME. It was just what the Chicago and Midwest makeup artist communities needed. There essentially isn’t a lot of makeup artistry education in the Midwest so it was an honor for them to bring their expertise and products to Chicago. Also they couldn’t have chosen a better setting the River North Art Gallery was the perfect backdrop.

There were tons of vendors there from Temptu, Make Up Forever, Inglot, and Obsseive Compulsive Cosmetics to name a few. I had a chance to chat with David Klasfeld of OCC for a few at his booth and attend his airbrush seminar he’s a cool dude and the Lip Tars ROCK now I can say for sure I know what all the hype is about, there’s nothing like them, (I had to buy some, I bought four and David was so nice to toss in an extra) I will do vendor product reviews in a separate post.

Michael DeVellis and James Vincent were gracious hosts they could be seen chatting it up with attendees throughout the Summit. Michael is incredibly funny and James is unbelievable patient, there was an instant on they last day during the keynote address when an obviously intoxicated and frustrated attendee was essentially out of order on more than one occasion, but James was very understanding and patient with her even requesting the same from the audience. (I almost died… but that’s another post for another day).

I also met Image Maker Kat Aragon and Felicia Walker Benson Makeup Artist, Beauty Expert and editor of This That Beauty (LOVE THEM!!!) I will definitely write a more in-depth post in the coming days and I have loads of video too, I just need to check the quality and do some edits. I didn’t write a lot (I try to preserve my tweezing hand as much as I can.

Thank you to Michael DeVellis for inviting me to the Artist Summit and for the awesome spread at the W after-party.

Also, Patrice of Afrobella, Erin of Scandalous Beauty, Felicia of This That Beauty and Lianne of The Makeup Girl Beauty Blogs for inviting me to the Blogger kick-off party on Saturday night at the J Bar. I was so exhausted after a long day at school I almost passed on the event after the Blogger Preview I just wanted to go home and rest up for Sunday but thank goodness I didn’t I met some awesome bloggers that night and people think I’m nuts but I can’t stop raving about this lotion… Vaseline was one of the kick-off party’s sponsors and let me just say that if you haven’t tried the new Sheer Infusion Body Lotion you MUST… stay tuned at Afrobella.com I believe she’s writing a full post soon.

Here’s a teaser… a few pics from the event until the full post.

Ciao for now!

















Bookmark and Share

No comments: