Sunday

Ivy Cooper - This Week's Rising Star

I started writing this blog and doing the Image Maker posts as a medium to inspire others in the beauty, fashion, and grooming industry. I felt it was important for industry new comers to have the opportunity to hear the stories behind the talent that’s responsible for the images that we celebrate on the editorial pages, print ads and runways as well as in the music videos. Each and every Image Maker story is unique, however the underlying message is the same, each star rises at its own pace and in it’s own time, and that they’ve put in the w-o-r-k to get to where they are today, there are no over night successes here.

Just as important as it is to celebrate and hear the stories of those that have “made” it, I thought it would be űber inspiring to hear from those that are blazing the trail and are on their way to their own creative destinies, so I created the “Rising Star” for all the barbers, makeup artists and stylists both hair and fashion that are out there hustling everyday to solidify their places amongst the Image Makers.





This is the second installment of our Rising Star Series. Kind, humble, hard working, talented you know the story... Get to know Ms. Ivy Cooper!



BEAUTYSCHOOLED! How long have you been in the industry?

Ivy Cooper: June 2009 marked the official year anniversary of my professional makeup career. Prior to that I had been doing makeup for friends and family for years.

BEAUTYSCHOOLED! When did you know you wanted to become a makeup artist?
Ivy Cooper: I believe that my passion for makeup started as a young girl. I remember using chalk to put "eyeshadow" on my dolls eyes and cheeks. I have always had a passion for all things beautiful. However, I truly embraced that passion when I realized that I could build a business of doing what I love!

BEAUTYSCHOOLED! What inspires your work?

Ivy Cooper: I am inspired by art and color that I see all around me. I see beauty in all things and that beauty inspires me to create art of my own.




BEAUTYSCHOOLED! Who are some of your favorite makeup artists?

Ivy Cooper: I admire Synthe, The Airbrush Queen because she truly has a magical way with airbrush makeup and truly knows her craft. I absolutely adore Tiffany D. because I have learned so much valuable technique and product information from her YouTube channel. I am a new fan of Marcus Miller, Makeup Man Extraordinaire. He has such a unique way of enhancing the features and femininity of his clients and he is so down to earth.

BEAUTYSCHOOLED! What celebrity would you most like to work with?
Ivy Cooper: I have always wanted to meet Queen Latifah, because I admire her versatility as an actress, singer, and model. I would be completely honored to have the opportunity to "paint her canvas". Her features are absolutely gorgeous, a makeup artist's dream.

BEAUTYSCHOOLED! What types of projects are you working on now?
Ivy Cooper: I am currently preparing for my fall and winter "Glam Sessions", which are a girl's night out events where I teach makeup basics. My Glam Sessions are great ways to socialize, learn about makeup, and have lots of fun!




BEAUTYSCHOOLED! Where do you see yourself in this industry in say 3-5 years?
Ivy Cooper: I am looking forward to perfecting my craft over time, growing my business, and expanding my services. I definitely will be using my makeup art to give back to the community by reaching battered, abused, and homeless women.

I also will be mentoring up and coming makeup artist and teaching them the start up steps of an effective business in makeup art. I also have some unique and innovative ideas for marketing my artistic talents that are top secret for now, but follow me on Twitter and you are guaranteed to find out what they are soon enough!

You can't help but admire this lady's talent and philanthropic aspirations, I anticipate that we'll be seeing big things from Ivy in the coming years. Be sure to follower her Twitter.

Ciao for now...Class is dismissed!



Bookmark and Share

No comments: