Monday

Brushed for Greatness - Celebrity Airbrush Artist Synthe


This week’s Image Maker the lovely Celebrity Airbrush Makeup Artist Sythe is a consummate professional who hails from Europe. Sythe is a multifaceted makeup artist, who’s found an incredible niche in the world of airbrush body art. Her work is absolutely amazing, her subjects wear her art like a second skin, it’s hard to believe that most times they aren’t wearing any clothing! I had the opportunity to catch up with the busy artist who’s also in the middle of launching a Go Green Cosmetic Tour, a traveling training workshop for beauty professionals

Sythe, spills on what inspires her work, why continuing education and being a professional is important to maintain longevity in this business.





BEAUTY SCHOOLED! How long have you been in the industry?

SYNTHE: Over 10 years.

BEAUTY SCHOOLED! When did you know you wanted to be a makeup artist?

SYNTHE: When I was about 12 years old living in Germany.

BEAUTY SCHOOLED! I’ve seen some of your body art, amazing is all I can say. How did you get into that area of artistry, also did it require any formal education or training?

SYNTHE: I got into body painting because I was requested to assist with a body painting event. When I arrived at the venue, I was absolutely amazed at what I saw, artists bringing imaginations to fruition. And, it was then that I realized that I could paint outside the box. No, this did not require any formal training. However, I am an natural artist.



BEAUTY SCHOOLED! What inspires your work?

SYNTHE: People, places and things inspire me. I am attracted to all things amazingly unique.

BEAUTY SCHOOLED! What would you say are the biggest misconceptions about the industry and makeup artists especially those that work in music and fashion like yourself?

SYNTHE: The biggest misconception? Having a makeup brush does not make you a makeup artist.






BEAUTY SCHOOLED! What other types of services do you provide?

SYNTHE: I am an Airbrush Makeup Artist, Body Painter and Educator with unlimited talents. My experience expands beyond providing cosmetic services for photo shoots, weddings, videos and live productions. Just ask!

BEAUTY SCHOOLED! What advice do you have for someone new who is trying to break into the industry and wanting to work with celebrities?

SYNTHE: Come into this industry with a vision. Be willing to invest in YOUR business, take risks and learn from others. There is always room for you.

BEAUTY SCHOOLED! I read that you provide training, what type of training do you provide?

SYNTHE: I provide airbrush training and business building skills.



BEAUTY SCHOOLED! Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for us, but before you go can you tell us about the Go Green Tour?

SYNTHE: But of course! The Going Green Tour is an amazing Cosmetic Tour for Hair and Makeup Professionals. Myself, Synthe and one of my industry partners, James Wealthy are traveling to various cities sharing information and providing education for individuals in the beauty industry. Workshops are 2 days, hands on and include 3 innovative techniques unique to the beauty business: The hands off approach to makeup application through airbrushing, removing unwanted facial hair using 100% cotton thread and individual eyelash application using the all NEW tear free adhesive.



Be sure to visit Synthe's page for more information on the Go Green Tour and to view photographs of more of her amazing work.

Ciao for now... Class is dismissed!




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Synthe! I am a Synthe fan 100%...her work is breath-taking and flawless. Only the best for you Synthe! -Jay